Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Buying: Mainfreight Management delivers the goods



I must have had some kind of brain explosion yesterday, something in my personal life made me drop my risk/reward guard and I ended up spending just over $35,000.00.

I have wanted to have a medium sized splurge on a few stocks for the last year or so and the life changing event yesterday allowed me to finally release the financial and mental rubber band and take that risk.

I have been chugging along buying small parcels of shares over the last year April 2009 | July 2009 | July 2008 | June 2008 | June 2008 | but yesterday ended up buying 7000 more The Warehouse Group [WHS.NZ] shares and 1875 Mainfreight Ltd [MFT.NZ] shares at $4.20 per share, to take my holding to a nice round 5000 in the old Share Investor Portfolio.

I was tossing up between Mainfreight and Ryman Healthcare [RYM.NZ] and superior Mainfreight management, which I often obsess about, won me over.

I bought my original Mainfreight holding just over 2 years ago for just under 8 bucks, yes you read it right, 8 bucks. Over that holding period the stock has now cost me around $6.85 per share after dividends and tax credits are added, so that makes yesterday's purchase a bargain.

I am happy to hold at both prices.

** Photo & share purchase dedicated to my dear old Dad, who must be still driving a truck, wherever he is now, for the last 15 years!


Mainfreight @ Share Investor

Mainfreight Ltd: Fully Year 2010 Profit Analysis
Long Term View: Mainfreight Ltd
Share Investor Interview: Mainfreight's MD Don Braid
Stock of the Week: Mainfreight Ltd
Questions to Mainfreight's MD Don Braid
I'm Buying: Mainfreight Management delivers the goods
Mainfreight Annual Report Packs a Punch
Analysis - Mainfreight Ltd: FY Profit to 31/03/09
Mainfreight VS KiwiRail: The Sequel
Long VS Short: Mainfreight Ltd
Why did you buy that stock? [Mainfreight Ltd]
Mainfreight 2008 Annual report worth reading
KiwiRail will cost Mainfreight
Mainfreight keeps on truckin
A rare breed
Share Investor's 2008 stock picks

Discuss MFT @ Share Investor Forum



Amazon 

The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A             Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition)
The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition) by Benjamin Graham
Buy new: $14.95 / Used from: $7.50
Usually ships in 24 hours






c Share Investor 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Share Investor Stuff