Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm Buying: I can't resist a Bargain

I couldn't help myself and took the plunge again today. I bought some additional shares, Auckland International Airport [AIA.NZ] and Michael Hill International [MHI.NZ].

I resolved some time back that I would put a ceiling on my share buying but decided that share prices for these two stocks were getting very attractive and know I will regret not buying when they are cheap.

I bought an additional 2000 AIA in April for $1.70 to add to my original long term holding of 1000 and was getting very excited about the stock again in May, so today's low share price was a no brainer

I picked up two small parcels and may get some more if they get cheaper. I added 2000 AIA shares @ NZ$1.51 to my current 3000 holding and picked up 7000 more MHI shares @ 63c to take my total holding of that stock to a nice round 10000.

Here are my reasons for buying MHI and AIA.

I am still in the mood to get additional Sky City Entertainment Group [SKC.NZ] but think they could get cheaper still, finishing up 5c to $2.63 today and looking at Freightways Ltd [FRE.NZ] to dip below the $2.44 mark before taking the plunge there.

I am as pleased as punch at my shiny new purchases.


Michael Hill International @ Share Investor Blog

Michael Hill: Interview with Ian Fraser
MICHAEL HILL - Toughen Up: What I've Learned About Surviving the Tough Times
Stock of the Week: Michael Hill International
Michael Hill TV3 60 Minutes Interview
Long VS Short: Michael Hill International
Marketwatch: Michael Hill International
Michael Hill's profit shines
Michael Hill takes on the windy city
Why did you buy that stock? [Michael Hill International]
MHI has defined growth strategy
MHI profit sparkles

Discuss this Topic @ Share Investor Forum


Auckland International Airport @ Share Investor Blog

Long VS Short: Auckland International Airport
Auckland Airport needs main focus on its core business
Marketwatch - Auckland International Airport
Why did you buy that stock: Auckland International Airport
Cullen's move on Auckland Airport has far reaching effects
Cullen's move on AIA tax plan Anti-Business
AIA profit stays grounded
Softening opposition to CPPIB bid for AIA
Directors of AIA bribe brokers not to sell
What is Auckland Airport worth to you?
Second bite at AIA by CPPIB might just fly
AIA new directors must focus on shareholders
Auckland Airport merger deal nosedives
The Canadians have landed
AIA incentive scheme must fly out the window
Government market manipulation over AIA/DAE deal
DAE move on AIA: Will it fly?

Discuss this stock @ Share Investor Forum

Related Amazon Reading

Security Analysis: The Classic 1934 Edition
Security Analysis: The Classic 1934 Edition by GRAHAM
Buy new: $37.80 / Used from: $23.10
Usually ships in 24 hours


c Share Investor 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Share Investor Stuff