Friday, November 19, 2010

Sunday Herald's Bevan Hurley Pulls the Race Card

Nothing much is happening down at Tabloid the Sunday Herald.

I got a call from, to put it mildly, a wanker called Bevan Hurley from that paper about noon today regarding some comments I made on Darren Hughes Facebook page about Kris Faafoi.

This is what I said:

"Darren, even a monkey put in that seat for Labour would win. Kris is that monkey.

The real question is how many votes will the Nats take off Labours majority and I am guessing it will be substantial, even though you guys are using union mone...y and time and driving voters to the booths.

I will put a thousand bucks your majority will drop like the economy should Labour be lucky enough to win in Nov 2011."

Bevan then asked me if I was going to apologise for these "offensive remarks" and I basically said no because I didn't see then as offensive.

He then told me my comments were racist and that I needed to apologise. He then asked whether I was affiliated with any political party to make a possible story fit his column and I am of course not aligned to anybody.

He then told me something like "monkey" was a derogatory term used to to insult black players in some football league and I said I was unaware of that and I would have used the term monkey whether Kris was black, white, brown, pink blue, yellow, green, fawn, sandy bay blue or forrest hill green, - you put a Labour Monkey (the animal I must point out if you are reading Bevan)in a safe Labour seat like that and it is going to win - I could well have used the animals gorilla, whale, dolphin, dog, sheep, pig, horse etc but I may have offended animal lovers.

He told me I must live in an isolated world and not seen much of it (oh if you only knew Bevan the things I could tell you) if I didnt know the term monkey was "offensive" but surely Bevan must have listened in english class or learned latter on in life that the term, "so simple even a monkey can do it", is more widely known than his obscure upper-class reference to soccer in Europe.

I asked whether he had nothing better to do than to harass me, I am nobody important and I added that if if Kris was a white guy would you be ringing me up and hassling me and accusing me of being a racist?

I knew the answer because that is why I asked the question and the answer was of course,

No.

Bevan you are about as low and muck raking as one can go and it just shows that some go out of their way to be offended even though there is no offense perpetrated.

Shame on you and your filthy ilk.

The Full Facebook Exchange

Darren Hughes

Darren Hughes Tau Henare just told me National will win Mana. So I said "how about a bet" - he was only prepared to wage $5! So I think even the Nats are expecting to welcome Kris Faafoi as a new MP after Saturday!

23 hours ago via Mobile Web · ·
  • 16 people like this.
    • Charlotte von Dadelszen That's the same price he paid me via Trade Me for a rusty gas hob ....
      16 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...
    • Darren Rickard
      Darren, even a monkey put in that seat for Labour would win. Kris is that monkey.

      The real question is how many votes will the Nats take off Labours majority and I am guessing it will be substantial, even though you guys are using union mone...y and time and driving voters to the booths.

      I will put a thousand bucks your majority will drop like the economy should Labour be lucky enough to win in Nov 2011.





Bookmark and Share




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Share Investor Stuff