With Sky City Entertainment Group [SKC.NZ] announcing a profit next Tuesday, the recent dramatic drop -SKC shares have fallen by almost 9% in 2 weeks - in share price for this company could mean a number of things.
The obvious reason is that investors are simply no longer interested in holding because of overall market sentiment and this has been shared with other stocks falling in a similar fashion - Telecom NZ [TEL.NZ] but one example.
The other reason could be insiders selling due to some sort of negative news coming in the profit announcement.
This stock has been prone to insider selling before profit announcements in the past and I wouldn't discount that insiders are doing the same again before Tuesday.
With a good result indicated by management last year it cant be the profit part of Tuesday's announcement but it could be a slightly worse number than telegraphed.
Perhaps a dividend cut, a poor future outlook or something unexpected is on the cards.
This is all idle speculation on my part but the big share price drop before another profit announcement is worth noting.
Of course if nothing material is going on the share price drop represents another opportunity to buy this stock, long or short term.
Sky City shares dropped 6c to NZ$3.10 in a down market on larger than average volume yesterday.
Disclosure: I own SKC shares in the Share Investor Portfolio
Share Investor Interviews
Share Investor Interview: Sky City CEO, Nigel Morrison
Sky City Entertainment Group @ Share Investor
- Sky City Entertainment 2009 FY Profit Preamble
- Sky City debts levels now more manageable
- Insider Trading on Sky City shares
- Sky City Profit Upgrade: Always on the Cards
- Sky City's Current Cinema "Boom" a Horror Story in Disguise
- Stock of the Week: Sky City Entertainment Group
- Sky City share offer confusing and unfair for smaller shareholders
- Sky City CEO doubles down
- Sky City Entertainment 2009 Interim Profit Review
- Sky City Entertainment 2009 Interim Result Preamble
- 2008 Sky City profit analysis
- Sky City Entertainment 2008 Full Year profit results , NZX release, 2008 full year presentation, result briefing webcast, financial statements
- Sky City 2008 profit preamble
- Sky City outlines a clear future plan
- As recession bites Sky City bites back
- Sky City Assets: Buy, sell and hold
- Why did you buy that stock? [Sky City Entertainment]
- Sky City Share Volumes set tongues wagging
- Sky City half year exceptional on cost cutting
- NZX Press release: Sky City profit to HY end Dec 2007
- Sky City Cinemas no Blockbuster
- Sky City Entertainment share price drop
- New Broom set to sweep
- Sky City Management: Blind, deaf and numb
- Sky City sale could be off
- Opposition to takeover
- Premium for control
- Sky City receives takeover bid
- Sky City Casino Full Year Profit to June 30 2007
- Setting the record straight
- Sky City CEO resigns
- Sky City Casino: Under performing
- Sky City Casino 2007 HY Profit(analysis)
- Sky City Casino 2007 HY Profit
Discuss this topic @ Share Investor Forum - Register free
Related Amazon Reading
Casino Industry in Asia Pacific: Development, Operation, And Impact by Cathy Hsu
Buy new: $155.00 / Used from: $157.53
Usually ships in 24 hours
Get Business books & more at Fishpond.co.nz
c Share Investor 2010