With Sky City Entertainment Group [SKC.NZ] reporting its FY 2009 profit this coming Wednesday 19 August, investors are not going to get any surprises.
The dividend ratio has been cut, debt has been paid back and profit is well up on last year.
On July 21 the market was updated with a profit up roughly 15% to around the NZ$116 million mark and since then shares have climbed to as high as $3.45 from about $2.80 before the upgrade. This is in a market where all shares are basically up.
What we need to know is how Nigel Morrison is going to go managing the company in the following 12 months and beyond.
In a sneak preview of an interview coming out in late August early September with Nigel I indicate the importance of this in my preamble:
Sound capital management with a focus on customer service and unnecessary costs stripped out have been the key to Nigel's success so far.
But what of the next 12 months and longer?
How will the business go under his leadership and what new ideas does he have to take this company through the $1 billion revenue barrier and beyond?
Morrison has done well but a further test of his strong management so far will come as Sky City emerges over the next year or so.
Shareholders and the market must see how Nigel will accomplish this and he should indicate the key ways he will achieve this, without revealing competitive secrets of course.
I look forward to Wednesday.
Sky City Entertainment Group @ Share Investor
- Sky City debts levels now more manageable
- Insider Trading on Sky City shares
- Sky City Profit Upgrade: Always on the Cards
- Sky City's Current Cinema "Boom" a Horror Story in Disguise
- Stock of the Week: Sky City Entertainment Group
- Sky City share offer confusing and unfair for smaller shareholders
- Sky City CEO doubles down
- Sky City Entertainment 2009 Interim Profit Review
- Sky City Entertainment 2009 Interim Result Preamble
- 2008 Sky City profit analysis
- Sky City Entertainment 2008 Full Year profit results , NZX release, 2008 full year presentation, result briefing webcast, financial statements
- Sky City 2008 profit preamble
- Sky City outlines a clear future plan
- As recession bites Sky City bites back
- Sky City Assets: Buy, sell and hold
- Why did you buy that stock? [Sky City Entertainment]
- Sky City Share Volumes set tongues wagging
- Sky City half year exceptional on cost cutting
- NZX Press release: Sky City profit to HY end Dec 2007
- Sky City Cinemas no Blockbuster
- Sky City Entertainment share price drop
- New Broom set to sweep
- Sky City Management: Blind, deaf and numb
- Sky City sale could be off
- Opposition to takeover
- Premium for control
- Sky City receives takeover bid
- Sky City Casino Full Year Profit to June 30 2007
- Setting the record straight
- Sky City CEO resigns
- Sky City Casino: Under performing
- Sky City Casino 2007 HY Profit(analysis)
- Sky City Casino 2007 HY Profit
Discuss this stock @ Share Investor Forum
Put some questions to Nigel Morrison for the Interview.
You can submit them at the Share Investor Forum here or email them to me here and I will submit the best ones to Nigel.
Related Amazon Reading
Casino Management: A Strategic Approach (Casino Essential Series) by Kathryn Hashimoto
Buy new: $60.89 / Used from: $44.82
Usually ships in 24 hours
AMAZON - Sony Bravia XBR KDL-46XBR6 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV
c Share Investor 2009