Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Long Vs Short Term Investing

An interesting debate that was carried out on my share investor forum


The 2 opposing sides of this debate are encapsulated perfectly by a third entrant:

Brut wrote

Macdunk & Snoopy

I am new on this tread but I thought I'll add my 2 cents worth... It's great to have two opposing views on investing in the share market, if everyone agreed there wouldn't be a market. By this i mean, if everyone agreed (bulls & the bears) that XYZ stock was worth $5 a share, there wouldn't be a market (nobody would be buying or selling)

I personally like to invest 90% of my portfollio in long term stocks & I have 10% in speculative stocks that I trade. I'm probably not as experience as you guys, but I've learnt that you find a system that works for you & stick to it.
Goodluck to both of you!!!



... It's great to have two opposing views on investing in the share market, if everyone agreed there wouldn't be a market...

Share Investor

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself. Snoopy and Macca are examples of the 2 opposite sides of your quote Brut.

Welcome to Share Investor!



The debate over the long and short-term thing rages on. I have a go at both approaches and both can be used in one's arsenal of investing tools, a Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffett approach if you like!!

Many investors say on or the other of these methods is right or wrong. Remember though, when investing do what is right for you dear reader.

Happy Investing,


From Amazon


How to Make Money in Stocks:  A Winning System in Good Times and Bad, Fourth Edition (Personal Finance & Investment)How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad, Fourth Edition (Personal Finance & Investment) by William O'Neil
Buy new: $16.82 / Used from: $3.57
Usually ships in 24 hours





c Share Investor 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Share Investor Stuff