Sunday, June 13, 2010

ASB Bank: Customer "Service"

You might recall my ups and downs over trying to negotiate new terms for our ASB Bank home loan earlier last year. Well, ups and downs of another kind have got me ruminating again. It appears that the prostitute that indirectly stole $2.5 million from the bank has negotiated a deal with the bank to presumably pay back some of the money she stole.

So let me get this right. First she doesn't have to pay back the entire $2.5 million and she is allowed to negotiate with the bank.

My bank wouldn't even entertain the idea of negotiation and they were going to charge me a fee if I changed the terms of the loan.

I wonder to myself if she is an ASB customer.

Gives new meaning to the word screwed from both sides.

This comes on top of an incident this morning over the phone with ASB where I was refused part of a term deposit up for renewal today because part of the deposit was being used as security for something else. There was a hold on the whole amount that I asked to be removed last Thursday and it has not been done, according to ASB Bank staff at the call centre - "but Darren you can call back on Monday and we might be able to do something then."

So I cant even use my own money when I want to now.

Screwed again.


More Banking Madness @ Share Investor


Bryce the Banker: The Final Insult
Banks not participating in Recession

Bank Guarantees: Time for banks to return the favour
The Return of Bryce
Banking Madness!


Discuss this topic @ Share Investor Forum




c Share Investor 2010





2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, Customer service isn't about being perfect. Customer service is about making things right, not just the immediate problem, but the root cause. And it is totally about listening to the customer.

    -fern-

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough BUT none of the things you mention above are accomplished by this bank.

    They don't listen, don't act and repeat the same thing over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

Comment on Share Investor Stuff