Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Xero: I've Changed my View



Xero 2017 Earnings

Well that's it. I finally have come around and now I'm starting to like Xero Ltd [XRO.NZX].


I previously hated it as an investment. Loved it as a company always have because its founder is from Hawkes Bay and I originate from the same parts.


Rod Drury really is a man with a PASSION. 


It looks like to me that this passion is continuing to rub off on people.


My brother Tony Rickard owns a business down there, East Coast Powder Coaters and just recently has switched on over to Xero.


Hes a particular luddite and for him to move on over to Xero from what he previously used is no mean feat. I wonder if it's his wife Helen who's responsible for this.


Whether they make a profit or not is part of the mystery. I don't know. Don't think Rod knows either. That was forecast 5 years ago.


I just think if he can get my brother Tony using their software, he can get anyone - given time. That includes the rest of the world. If you have met him and I have on several occasions you just have to ask him about Xero and that's it, you have a one way conversation. He's passionate and I think because i havent even seen the software, there's a bloody good reason for this. It's good.


Anyway Tony's made the move.


I think it's because of the simplicity of the actual product. Its simple. Simple as that.


My bro believes in things that are simple and cheap - otherwise out the door it goes.


In the ten years I've been writing this blog, I've written about Xero around 10 times and interviewed Rod himself 7 years ago.


I get the impression that Rod doesn't particularly like self - aggrandisement  he just likes to get down and do it but I think you're on to a winner here and it's just going to take the rest of the world some time to click onto the fact that Xero is a product they should try, try it - you'll love Xero. 


Rod Drury: Earnings out tomorrow. He emailed me at 8.50am, the 10 May 2017.


Xero 2017 Earnings






Share Investor 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Share Investor Stuff